SJSU Football Game Day Tailgating Policy
San Jose State University is committed to creating a safe, friendly and clean, game-day environment for all fans, students, alumni and members of the San Jose community. The University disapproves of alcohol abuse, intoxication, and any resulting unacceptable conduct.
- Fans and their guests are permitted to gather and tailgate only in approved parking lots around the football stadium. Fans must adhere to the Football Game Day Alcohol Policy. The following items are not permitted in any parking lot around Spartan Stadium:
- Glass bottles
- Mass-consumption devices
- Drinking Games
- Any fan who does not comply with these policies may be escorted off the premises. All mass consumption devices and glass bottles will be confiscated by the proper authorities if see in use.
- All patrons in any parking lot around Spartan Stadium MUST adhere to the noise ordinance policy. Loud or offensive music will not be tolerated. DJs without proper certification will be asked to leave the premises.
- Tailgates and tailgating activities shall be refined to an area in front of or behind a parked vehicle. Tailgates and tailgating activity cannot occur in drive lanes or any fire lanes.
- Tailgates and tailgating activities that compromise existing parking spots will be asked to move to a cleared area (in front or behind a car).
- All grills must be extinguished (coals or propane) prior to vacating the lots. Failure to do so may result in citation.
- Fans cannot consume alcoholic beverages prior to the parking lots being open on game days.
- All tailgating, music and drinking must stop at kickoff. At kickoff, all fans must make their way into the stadium or to the bus back to campus. Anyone drinking in the parking lots after kickoff will be subject to citation.