Cardinal Classic Results
Clovis, Calif. --- On a day where many results were aided by the central valley wind, Destiny Longmire caught a calm moment during the long jump and took advantage with a 5.91-meter leap to win the event at the Bulldog Invitational.
Coming into the meet with a season-best 6.15 meter long jump – which ranks 15th in the NCAA West Region – a 5.91 meter result becomes the freshman Longmire's next best effort this season. Teammate Kelsey Johnson-Upshaw joined Longmire in the top-five with a distance of 5.86 meters.
Jade Childs clocked a 13.98 to lead the Spartans in the 100-hurdles. She just missed her season-best of 13.91 which came at the Stanford Invitational (4/1). Kolbi Sims ran a 14.84 and Diamond Tabron clocked a new season-best 14.94.
Elda Aguilar beat her previous season-best in the 800 by nearly four seconds with a 2:25.83. The Spartans also got a 2017 best from Adilene Aldapa who competed in the 1500 at the Cardinal Classic hosted by Stanford. She clocked a 4:38.36.
San José State has one meet remaining, the Payton Jordan Invitational, before the Mountain West Championships. The Payton Jordan Invite takes place on April 30 at Cobb Track & Angel Field on the Stanford campus.
EVENT RESULTS (Top-3 & Spartans only)
- UNLV, 44.71; 2. San Francisco State, 46.12; 3. Fresno State, 46.18; 6. San José State, 48.52.
- Camille Hansen, San Francisco State, 4:36.60’ 2. Hannah Hull, Cal Poly, 4:41.13; 3. Madeline McDonald, Cal Poly, 4:46.56; 8. Carmen Contreras, San José State, 4:52.97; 9. Karina Nunes, San José State, 4:52.97; Camila Hanson, San José State, 5:01.11; 20. Ashley Cahalan, San José State, 5:07.95; 23. Jessica Stacey, San José State, 5:19.80
- Taylor Pegram, UNLV, 13.42; 2. Marie Veale, CSU Northridge, 13.73; 3. Jade Childs, San José State, 13.98; 15. Kolbi Sims, San José State, 14.84w; 18. Diamond Tabron, San José State, 14.94; 26. Jayla Williams, San José State, 15.27.
- Najia Hudspeth, UNLV, 11.49w; 2. Drea Austin, UNLV, 11.53w; 3. Atiya Harvey, San Francisco State, 11.65w; 14. Destiny Longmire, San José State, 12.16w; 19. Breya Carter, San José State, 12.61.
- Courtney Moore, Fresno Pacific, 2:11.81; 2. Natalie Grohmann, Cal Poly, 2:11.90; 3. Myha Castro, San Francisco State, 2:14.54; 19. Elda Aguilar, San José State, 2:25.83.
- Devin Collins, Oregon State, 1:01.63; 2. Tia Edwards, Fresno Pacific, 1:01.66; 3. Hanna Davis, UNLV, 1:02.67; 12. Diamond Tabron, San José State, 1:06.85; 19. Jayla Williams, San José State, 1:08.99.
- Atiya Harvey, San Francisco State, 23.88w; 2. Nylia Hudspeth, UNLV, 24.40w; 3. Timarya Baynard, San Francisco State, 24.42w; 14. Jade Childs, San José State, 25.73; 20. Breya Carter, San José State, 26.23.
- Kaysee Pilgrim, UNLV, 1.80m; Allison, Jackson, Oregon State, 1.65m; 3. Annie Regier, Unattached, 1.65m; 4. Natalia Gutierrez, San José State, 1.60m.
- Kalesi Budei, Cal Poly, 11.85m(w); 2. Danielle Williams, UNLV, 11.74m; 3. Ayana Gales, UNLV, 11.72m(w); 5. Cambree Harbaugh, San José State, 11.60m.
- Kayla Hopkins, Fresno State, 54.42m; 2. Yazmin Torres, Fresno State, 50.91m; 3. Rachel Picknell, Oregon State, 50.22m; 23. Laiseni Mataele, San José State, 29.96.
- Vanja Spaic, Fresno State, 49.15m; 2. Gabby Head, Fresno pacific, 43.24; 3. McKenzie Byrd, Oregon State, 42.93; 12. Jade Childs, San José State, 34.70m; 19. Kolbi Sims, San José State, 29.60.
- Destiny Longmire, San José State, 5.91m; 2. Jaela Williams, UNLV, 5.89m(w); 3. Tiera Norman, Fresno State, 5.87m; 4. Kelsey Johnson-Upshaw, San José State, 5.86m(w); 7. Cambree Harbaugh, San José State, 5.72m.
- Alex Cruz, Texas, 4:35.96; 2. LeAnn Larkin, Utah State, 4:37.11; 3. Madison Harris, Florida State, 4:37.68; 4. Adilene Aldapa, San José State, 4:38.36.
- Belen Casetta, Argentina, 9:56.85; 2. Madison Boreman, Colorado, 10:12.80; 3. Emily Myers, Nevada, 10:15.22; 15. Jeanette Zambrano, San José State, 10:53.87.