Nampa, Idaho - The San José State women's track and field team finished the final day of the Jacksons/NB Boise Indoor Invitational on Saturday with its first dual-meet win in the program's history.
The Spartans topped host Boise State, 148-98, and Utah State, 159-138, in the dual-meet scoring format and had eight top-three indiviudal finishes in the meet.
"Our girls are getting used to the 200-meter track," said head track and field coach Jeff Petersmeyer. "Most of our team is composed of young freshmen, but we're working in the right direction and I am pleased with the way they competed over the weekend."
Cambree Harbaugh and Nicole Iloanya took the top two spots in the women's triple jump. Harbaugh earned the top spot with a jump of 11.90m and Ilonaya posted a jump of 11.55m. Harbaugh also placed second in the long jump at 5.65m. Her jump ranked first among collegiate competitors only behind unattached participant Janae Gennette.
"Cambree had a really good weekend and it was even better for her since she was in her hometown," said Petersmeyer on Harbaugh's performace.
Kelsey Johnson-Upshaw placed third overall and second among collegiate runners in the in the 60 meter dash. Johnson-Upshaw also leaped 5.37m to place third in the women's long jump.
"Kelsey ran really well," said Petersmeyer. "We're really excited about things down the road for her."
Caitlin Wilson placed third in the 400-meter dash, crossing the finish line in 56.84. Wilson led the field of Spartans in the event as Makayla Webb placed 10th, Marayne Martin 16th, and Lenae Stevens finished 27th.
In the one mile run, Angelica Parodi finished third with a time of 5:17.24, while Rebecca Garcia placed third in 5:23.87, and Lalida Maokhamphio placed 14th in 5:36.45.
Emma Sutherland also posted a third-place finish for the Spartans with her 1.69 mark in the high jump.
San Jose State is next in action, Monday, February 16, at the Run for the Dream Invitational at the SaveMart Center on the Fresno State campus.
Jackson's/NB Boise Invitational Indoor Meet
Jacksons Track Complex - Nampa, Idaho
February 7, 2015
1. Mackenzie Flannigan (Unattached), 7.47; 3. Kelsey Johnson-Upshaw, SJSU, 7.90; 5. Nicole Iloanya, SJSU, 7.95.
1. Morgan Kelley, Boise State, 56.08; 3. Caitlin Wilson, SJSU, 56.84; 10. Makayla Webb, SJSU, 59.77; 16. Marayne Martin, SJSU, 1:00.62; 27. Lenae Stevens, SJSU, 1:02.80.
1. Alexa Efraimson, NIKE, 2:05.18; 8. Jennifer Beckingham, SJSU, 2:16.17.
1 Mile Run
1. Kylie Hutchison, Idaho State, 5:12.41; 3. Angelica Parodi, SJSU, 5:17.24; 6. Rebecca Garcia, SJSU, 5:23.87; 14. Lalida Maokhamphiou, SJSU, 5:36.45.
1. Tawnie Moore, Weber State, 8.78; 5. Makayla Webb, SJSU, 9.12; 6. Makayla Webb, SJSU, 9.14
1. Weber State "A", 3:53.67; 3. San José State "A", 4:00.67.
1. Jordan Ward, Boise State, 1.74m; 3. Emma Sutherland, SJSU, 1.69m.
1. Janae Gennette, Unattached, 6.20m; 2. Cambree Harbaugh, SJSU, 5.65m; 3. Kelsey Johnson-Upshaw, SJSU, 5.37m; 8. Leah Lambert, SJSU, 5.18m; 10. Nicole Iloanya, SJSU, 5.00m.
1. Cambree Harbaugh, SJSU, 11.90m; 2. Nicole Iloanya, SJSU, 11.55m.