Santa Barbara, Calif.-----Klaudia Boczova made it four straight wins at number-one singles for San Jose State, but UC Santa Barbara won four of six singles matches for a 4-3 non-conference victory over the Spartans.
Boczova was one of two San Jose State players to post three-set singles win against the Gauchos (2-0) with her 6-2, 4-6, 6-1 win over April Scatliffe. UC Santa Barbara stopped the Spartans' win streak at three.
San Jose State's Julianna Bacelar, playing number-five, remained unbeaten in singles play in dual match action with a three-set triumph over Erica Cano. Bacelar captured the final set, 10-7.
San Jose State (3-2) picked up the doubles point with wins at number two and three. The teams of Sabastiani Leon Chao and Chau Truong and Jessica Willett and Bacelar won their matches 8-3, and 8-4, respectively.
The Spartans conclude their weekend road trip at Cal Poly on Sunday, February 3.
1. Klaudia Boczova (SJS) def. April Scatliffe (UCSB) 6-2, 4-6, 6-1
2. Kiersten Meehan (UCSB) def. Sabastiani Leon Chao (SJS) 6-3, 6-3
3. Paola Cos (UCSB) def. Chau Truong (SJS) 6-1, 6-4
4. Priscila Garcia (UCSB) def. Erica Medlin (SJS) 6-4, 6-2
5. Julianna Bacelar (SJS) def. Erica Cano (UCSB) 6-2, 3-6, 10-7.
6. Stacy Yam (UCSB) def. Jessica Willett (SJS) 6-2, 6-4
1. April Scatliffe/ Priscila Garcia (UCSB) def. Klaudia Boczova/ Erica Medlin (SJS) 8-1
2. Sabastiani Leon Chao/ Chau Truong (SJS) def. Kiersten Meehan/ Paola Cos (UCSB) 8-3
3. Jessica Willett/ Julianna Bacelar (SJS) def. Stacy Yam/ Erica Cano (UCSB) 8-4