SAN JOSE, Calif. - San José State senior Justine Deleval led the Spartan women's tennis team to a 6-1 win over Nevada Saturday afternoon at Spartan Courts.
Deleval, playing in her final home match, teamed with Gaelle Rey in the No. 3 doubles position and got the first victory of the day for the team, 6-3. Deleval also scored a point in singles competition with a win the No. 6 spot.
The Spartans (10-9, 2-2 MW) won the doubles point to start the day. After Rey and Deleval won, Nevada's No. 2 doubles team won, putting all the pressure on the top doubles teams. Sybille Gauvain and Marie Klocker clinched the point for SJSU with a 7-5 win.
Miyo Kobayashi started the winning in singles for San Jose State with a 6-2 6-0 win. Gauvain then won in straight sets, 6-1, 6-1, in the No. 1 position, and Klocker sealed the team win with a 6-2, 6-4 win in the second singles spot. Marine Dans won in straight sets, 7-5, 6-0, in the fourth position.
The Spartans play one more match, next Saturday, April 23, at Cal Poly, before heading to Fort Collins, Colo., for the 2016 Mountain West Championships, April 27-May 1.
San José State 6, Nevada 1
Spartan Courts (San Jose, Calif.)
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1
1. Sybille Gauvain/Marie Klocker (SJSU) def. #75 Blaga Delic/Sheila Morales (NEV): 7-5
2. Claudia Herrero/Adriana Gergelyova (NEV) def. Marine Dans/Miyo Kobayashi (SJSU): 7-5
3. Gaelle Rey/Justine Deleval (SJSU) def. Monika Magusiak/Sara Korzeniecki (NEV): 6-3
Order of Finish: 5, 1, 2, 4, 3, 6
1. Sybille Gauvain (SJSU) def. Claudia Herrero (NEV): 6-1, 6-1
2. Marie Klocker (SJSU) def. Sheila Morales (NEV): 6-2, 6-4
3. Adriana Gergelyova (NEV) def. Gaelle Rey (SJSU): 7-6, 7-5 (4)
4. Marine Dans (SJSU) def. Blaga Delic (NEV): 7-5, 6-0
5. Miyo Kobayashi (SJSU) def. Sara Korzeniecki (NEV): 6-2, 6-0
6. Justine Deleval (SJSU) def. Monika Magusiak (NEV): 6-4, 7-6 (8)