April 6, 2014
San Diego, Calif. ---- Despite winning the doubles point and a singles match against San Diego State, the San José State University women's tennis team fell short to the Atzecs, 5-2.
In a Mountain West Conference contest, the Spartans (9-12) started off the day with a win as the doubles team of Julianna Bacelar and Jessica Willett teamed up to defeat San Diego State's (9-10) duo of Kristin Buth and Kennedy Davis, 8-4.
Playing at the #4 singles position, Bacelar topped Kennedy in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2, securing the only singles point of the match for the Spartans.
San José State continues conference play as they host rival Fresno State on Friday, April 11. Play begins at 11:00 a.m. at the Spartan Tennis Complex, located next door to Spartan Stadium.
San Diego State 5, San José State 2
April 6, 2014
Aztec Tennis Center
3. Laura Antonana/Isabelle Hoorn (SDSU) def. Sabastiani Leon Chao / Justine Deleval (SJSU) 8-4
1. #35 Laura Antonana (SDSU) def. Marie Klocker (SJSU) 6-3, 6-1
2. Kristin Buth (SDSU) def. Gaelle Rey (SJSU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Tami Nguyen (SDSU) def. Sabastiani Leon Chao (SJSU) 1-6, 6-4, 1-0
4. Julianna Bacelar (SJSU) def. Kennedy Davis (SDSU) 6-4, 6-2
5. Dora Somoracz (SDSU) def. Jessica Willett (SJSU) 6-3, 6-3
6. Isabelle Hoorn (SDSU) def. Justine Deleval (SJSU) 7-6 (3-0), 6-4