SAN JOSE, Calif. – San José State’s women’s tennis team got back to its winning ways with a 6-1 defeat of UC Davis Saturday afternoon at Spartan Courts.
The Spartans (5-3) snapped a three-match skid and handed the Aggies (4-7) a third consecutive loss.
San José State scored its first point of the afternoon thanks to a doubles sweep, with Gaelle Rey and Marie Klocker’s 7-5 win at No. 1 representing the only tight match.
In singles action, Miyo Kobayashi, Sybille Gauvain and Marine Dans rattled off consecutive wins to get the Spartans the four points they needed. Marie Klocker, playing in her first-ever match at the top singles spot, finished out the day with a 2-6, 7-6, 11-9 comeback win and moved her record to 5-0 on the spring. Justine Deleval won by default at No. 6 by virtue of UC Davis only having five players ready for action.
The Spartans close out the weekend when they host Pacific on Sunday at 12:00 p.m.
#60 San José State 6, UC Davis 1
Spartan Courts (San Jose, Calif.)
Saturday, Feb. 27, 2016
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1
1. Gaelle Rey/Marie Klocker (SJSU) def. Kristy Jorgensen/Kamila Kecki (UCD): 7-5
2. Sybille Gauvain/Marine Dans (SJSU) def. Lani-Rae Green/Jessie Lee (UCD): 6-1
3. Miyo Kobayashi/Justine Deleval (SJSU) def. Alex Huie/Samantha Martino (UCD): 6-3
Order of Finish: 5, 2, 4, 3, 1
1. #122 Marie Klocker (SJSU) def. Lani-Rae Green (UCD): 2-6, 7-6, 11-9
2. Sybille Gauvain (SJSU) def. Kristy Jorgensen (UCD): 6-3, 6-3
3. Jessie Lee (UCD) def. Gaelle Rey (SJSU): 3-6, 6-4, 10-3
4. Marine Dans (SJSU) def. Kamila Kecki (UCD): 6-3, 6-4
5. Miyo Kobayashi (SJSU) def. Samantha Martino (UCD): 6-1, 6-2
6. Justine Deleval (SJSU) won by default