Los Gatos, Calif. - Hana Tresnáková and Julia Menhart improved to 9-5 on the season with a two-set win Thursday afternoon as the San José State beach volleyball team fell to Santa Clara, 4-1, at Los Gatos High School.
Tresnáková and Menhart won in straight sets, 21-13, 21-17, over the Bronco's top duo of Sabrina Clayton and Kirsten Mead. With the win, Tresnáková and Menhart have posted five consecutive victories including three consecutive two-set wins.
Two Spartan pairs took their matches to three sets, Lyndi Scholl and Tyanna Roy lost the first set 21-16, but won the second set 23-21 before falling 15-11 in set three. Julie Sam and Nandyala Gama fell in the first set 25-23, before winning 21-19 but lost 15-3 in the final set.
San José State falls to 6-9 on the season. The Spartans travel up Interstate 80 this Saturday for two matches at the Livermore Community Park in Folsom. The team plays New Mexico at 12 p.m., and Sacramento State at 3 p.m.
Sand Volleyball Match Results
Apr 07, 2016 at Los Gatos, Calif. (Los Gatos HS)
Santa Clara 4, San José State 1
1. Hana Tresnáková/Julia Menhart (SJSU) def. Sabrina Clayton/Kirsten Mead (SCU) 21-13, 21-17
2. Danielle Rottman/Nikki Hess (SCU) def. Jamie Hirai/Allison Meehan (SJSU) 21-12, 22-20
3. Sarah Vaccaro/Hailey Lindberg (SCU) def. Lyndi Scholl/Tyanna Roy (SJSU) 21-16, 21-23, 15-11
4. Lacey Maas/Jensen Cunningham (SCU) def. Julia Golbeck/Luiza Andrade (SJSU) 26-24, 21-17
5. Madison Dutra/Mary Shepard (SCU) def. Julie Sam/Nandyala Gama (SJSU) 25-23, 19-21, 15-3
Ext. Kirsten Mead/Tatiana San Juan (SCU) def. Mariana Mantellato/Summer Avery (SJSU) 21-19, 21-15
Records: San José State 6-9; Santa Clara 6-1.
# # #