This week we caught up with San Jose State women’s gymnast Casey Jay during a break as the Spartans prepare for the WAC Championships this Saturday night at Boise State.
1. One word to describe yourself - Funny
2. Favorite class at San Jose State Beginning social dance. It was a lot of fun and I got to take it with Michelle Minotti. We learned a lot of different dances the cha-cha, rumba, waltz and tango. It was a lot of fun
3. How would your teammates describe you? They would say I am silly and loud but nice.
4. Prized possession My car named Antonio. The name fit the dark blue Ford Taurus. We have been through a lot. He has been hit and hit a few things.
5. Something people would be surprised to know about me I cannot swim. I took lessons but am terrible at it. My sister was a swimmer all through high school.
6. Favorite food Peanut butter. Anything with peanut butter.
7. Favorite athlete of all time Dominique Dawes. She was a three-time Olympian, and she always did this tumbling that was connected. It was really cool.
8. I am currently listening to A mix CD my sister gave me. I don’t listen to the radio very much and don’t know the new music. So she makes me a CD to keep cool with the latest songs.
9. Favorite movie Liar Liar without a doubt. I know it by heart, and every time I watch it, the movie still makes me laugh.
10. Favorite thing about gymnastics Getting to play around and trying new things. I love playing on trampoline even though we don’t get to do it very much right now.
11. Superstitions/Pre-meet rituals Any kind of pasta the night before a meet. I like to watch some kind of sports or inspiration movie. I tumble the same direction.
12. Dogs or cats I love dogs. My parents have two Alaskan Malamutes at home. They are big dogs that you can wrestle with and they don’t mind.
13. When I graduate, I want to - I would really love to be on Mad TV or Saturday Night Live. In case that doesn’t happen, I want to write for a sports magazine.
14. Being an athlete makes me a better person because I have a whole team of people to support and support me. I think it makes me be more aware of people and helpful to others not on the team.
15. Most influential person in my life My mom. She is always there for me even if she still doesn’t understand everything with gymnastics. She comes to all my meets.
16. Other sports I wish I played I want to try everything. I think I would be good at football and basketball. I think I would like to try any team sports.
17. Dream vacation spots Hawaii (I have never been there.) Europe (Italy and France) Alaskan cruise (even though I am not a snow person).
18. Favorite SJSU sport besides your own Water Polo. We went to a match my freshman year, and it surprised me the most. I had never seen a match and it is really crazy. They are all really nice, but it is crazy in the water.
19. If I had to cook all of my meals, I would probably survive on Macaroni and Cheese. It took me a couple of tries to get it right. I am really good at it now.
20. I am afraid of spiders, drowning, small spaces.
21. Favorite television show I am still stuck on The O.C. I wish it was still around.
22. If I could invite any three people, dead or alive, to dinner, they would be Jennifer Lopez, Benjamin Franklin and Jim Carrey.
23. 10 years from now, I hope to have a really fun job, maybe some children, a house with my own jumper house and something named after me.
24. Favorite midnight snack Ice Cream. Anything with lots of stuff in it, especially chocolate and peanut butter.
25. Favorite place to buy ice cream Safeway. They have everything there.
This week’s 20 Questions was brought to you by The Grill On The Alley.
Past 2007-08 20 Questions
August 22 - Colleen Burke, Women's Volleyball
September 12 - Nick Cukar, Men's Soccer
September 26 - Amber Silverstone, Women's Tennis
October 17 - Jillene Golez, Women's Swimming
October 24 - Kelly Crow, Volleyball
October 31 - Heather Oranje, Women's Soccer
November 14 - Richard Mann, Men's Soccer
November 21 - Amanda Carr, Women's Swimming
November 28 - Pam DeCosta, Women's Basketball
December 12 - Eileen Daley, Academic Services
December 19 - Holiday Edition
January 2 - DaShawn Wright, Men's Basketball
January 9 - Tim Pierce, Men's Basketball
January 16 - Raylyn Cardeno, Women's Gymnastics
February 13 - Kasey Igarta, Softball
February 20 - Beste Erener & Katey Nelson, Women's Swimming
March 5 - Kanika Minocha, Women's Golf
March 12 - Jennifer Williams, Women's Tennis
March 26 - Casey Jay, Women's Gymnastics