San Jose-The San Jose State women's gymnastics team scored its seventh highest team score in school history with a 195.075 Friday night in the team's final home meet of the season. Stanford won the meet with a 196.800, while California scored a 190.775.
The team started with a 48.525 on vault, led by Lily Swann with a 9.850. Shanice Howard followed with a 9.725, Katie Merrit at 9.700, Aubrey Lee at 9.650 and Katie Valleau at 9.600 and Thomasina Wallace at 9.200.
On bars, Wallace led the Spartans with a 9.775, followed by Merritt at 9.750, Jessica Khoshnood at 9.700, Swann at 9.650, Katie Lindsey at 9.600 and Tiffany Louie at 9.575.
The beam team recorded its best score of the season with a 48.775, led by Wallace with a 9.850. Lee followed with a 9.800, Gabrielle Targosz at 9.725, Merritt and Swann at 9.700 and Khoshnood at 9.500.
The Spartans finished the meet scoring the fourth-highest floor score in school history with a 49.300. Wallace and Louie each scored a 9.900. Valleau scored a career-best 9.875, while Khoshnood tied her career high with a 9.825. Swann had a 9.800, while Targosz scored a 9.775.
"I am really proud of the way we performed tonight," said San Jose State head coach Wayne Wright. "The crowd was great, and it was nice to see such support for women's gymnastics in the Bay Area.
"We did really well tonight. Our seniors gave great performances for their final home meet. I am also glad we were able to show our fans six solid performances on beam after the problem we had earlier this year."
San Jose State continues the season next Friday night at Utah State at 7 p.m. MST.
1. Stanford 196.800
2. San Jose State 195.075
3. California 190.775
1. Shelley Alexander, Stanford 9.900
2. Dani Ikoma, Stanford 9.875
3. Lily Swann, San Jose State 9.850
3. Blair Ryland, Stanford 9.850
1. Alyse Ishino, Stanford 9.900
2. Carly Janiga, Stanford 9.850
3. Thomasina Wallace, San Jose State 9.75
3. Alyssa Brown, Stanford 9.775
1. Carly Janiga, Stanford 9.950
2. Shelley Alexander, Stanford 9.925
3. Alsye Ishino, Stanford 9.90
1. Carly Janiga, Stanford 9.925
2. Thomasina Wallace, San Jose State 9.900
2. Tiffany Louie, San Jose State 9.900
1. Carly Janiga, Stanford 39.550
2. Shelley Alexander, Stanford 39.250
3. Lily Swann, San Jose State 39.000
# # #