San Jose-For the second consecutive meet, the San Jose State women's gymnastics team scored a season-high. This time, the team scored a 194.550 in a triangular meet with Sacramento State and UC Davis at Spartan Gym.
Three Spartans tied or placed first in an event. Lily Swann tied for first on the vault with a 9.825. Thomasina Wallace and Gabrielle Targosz tied for first on the floor with a 9.850.
San Jose State started the meet with a 48.725 on vault, a season best and the 11th highest in school history. After Swann's season-high 9.825, Shanice Howard had a season-high 9.775, followed by Katie Merritt at 9.750. Aubrey Lee scored a career high 9.700, and Katie Valleau scored a career-high 9.675. Thomasina Wallace rounded out the scoring with a 9.600.
On bars, the Spartans had the seventh-highest score in school history with a 48.850. Wallace led the team with a 9.850, and Merritt added a career-best 9.825. Jessica Khoshnood scored a 9.775, followed by Swann at 9.750, and Tiffany Louie and Alyssa Telles-Nolan each at 9.650.
In the third rotation, Lee led team on the beam with a 9.700. Merritt added a 9.650, Khoshnood at 9.600, Targosz at 9.525, Howard at 9.350 and Wallace at 9.200.
The final rotation found San Jose State scoring the seventh-highest team floor score with a 49.150. Wallace and Targosz led the team at 9.850. Khoshnood had a career best 9.825, along with Valleau at 9.825. Louie scored a 9.800, while Swann had a 9.275.
"I am really pleased with tonight's meet," said Spartan head coach Wayne Wright. "We did a lot of things right, but we still have room to do better. We are making improvement each week and learning from our mistakes."
San Jose State competes in its final home next Friday, March 5, against Stanford and California. The meet begins at 7 p.m., inside Spartan Gym.
1. San Jose State 194.550
2. UC Davis 193.750
3. Sacramento State 193.550
1. Katie Yamamura, UC Davis 9.825
1. Lily Swann, San Jose State 9.825
3. Shanice Howard, San Jose State 9.775
1. Lida Gehlen, UC Davis 9.875
2. Thomasina Wallace, San Jose State 9.850
3. Katie Merritt, San Jose State 9.825
1. Cayla Boyce, Sacramento State 9.775
2. Aubrey Lee, San Jose State 9.700
3. Katie Merritt, San Jose State 9.650
3. Marcy Miller, UC Davis 9.650
1. Thomasina Wallace, San Jose State 9.850
1. Gabrielle Targosz, San Jose State 9.850
1. Tanya Ho, UC Davis 38.800
2. Kendall McCann, UC Davis 38.600
3. Thomasina Wallace, San Jose State 38.550
# # #