San Jose-Four different Spartans won individual events Friday night in a Western Athletic Conference meet against Cal State Fullerton Friday night. The Titans won the meet with a 191.175, while San Jose State scored a 190.875.
Lily Swann started off the winning for the Spartans as she scored a season-high 9.825 on vault to win the event. The Spartans scored a 48.225 in the first rotation.
On bars, Katie Merritt scored a career-best 9.775 to win the event. Thomasina Wallace tied for second with a 9.750. The Spartans had to count a fall on the apparatus in their 47.900 team score.
In the third rotation, Shanice Howard, competing for the first time in her career on the beam, won the event with a 9.675. Unfortunately, the Spartans had to count four falls in their team total, 45.700.
The floor proved to be the shining moment for San Jose State Friday night as three gymnasts had a 9.850 or better. Tiffany Louie won the floor with career-high 9.875, while Gabrielle Targosz and Katie Valleau each scored a career-best 9.850. Jessica Khoshnood scored a season-high 9.775, and Aubrey Lee had a career high 9.700. For only the second time in school history, the Spartans scored a 49.050 on the floor.
San Jose State competes next Friday, February 19 in a dual meet at Sacramento State beginning at 7 p.m.
1. Cal State Fullerton 191.175
2. San Jose State 190.875
1. Lily Swann, San Jose State 9.825
2. Cami Casimere, CS Fullerton 9.775
3. Alaina Baker, CS Fullerton 9.750
1. Katie Merritt, San Jose Sate 9.775
2. Alaina Baker, CS Fullerton 9.750
Thomasina Wallace, San Jose State 9.750
Britni Echeverria, CS Fullerton 9.750
1. Shanice Howard, San Jose State 9.675
2. Kaitlin Reid, CS Fullerton 9.650
3. Kori Underhill, CS Fullerton 9.525
1. Tiffany Louie, San Jose State 9.875
2. Katie Valleau, San Jose State 9.850
Gabrielle Targosz, San Jose State 9.850
1. Alaina Baker, CS Fullerton 38.300
# # #