Nov. 18, 2013
Colorado Springs, Colo. – San José State junior guard Ta’Rea Cunnigan has earned Mountain West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week honors for games played from Nov. 11-17, 2013. It is the first Mountain West weekly honor for Cunnigan.
. Passed the 1,000 career-point plateau, becoming the 13th player in San José State women's basketball history to do so. She reached the milestone in 63 games, the second quickest to the mark in program history.
· Led San José State to a 2-1 record last week, while pulling the top defensive assignment for each opponent and being the leading scorer in two of the three games.
· Averaged 22.7 points, 4.0 assists, 1.0 blocks and 4.0 rebounds per game while shooting .415 (22-of-53) from the field and .786 (22-of-28) from the free throw line.
· In a 97-93 win at Santa Clara on Tuesday, scored 29 points, including her only two three-point field goals made of the week. She also had three rebounds, four assists and one blocked shot.
· Scored 22 points in a 105-74 home loss to UC Riverside on Friday to go along with three rebounds, three steals, one assist and one blocked shot.
· Recorded 17 points in a 90-84 home win against Evansville on Sunday. She also had six rebounds, seven assists, one steal and one blocked shot.