Dan Addiego is a redshirt freshman defender on the 2008 Spartan roster. The native of San Ramon, Calif., has appeared in three matches this season, earning his first collegiate start at left back at four-time defending Mountain Pacific Sports Federation champion New Mexico last Friday, October 10, and then again at UNLV two days later.
As the Spartans approach a critical home weekend in conference play, we asked Dan, who has not declared his major, to spend a few minutes with SJSUSpartans.com for another edition of our occasional website mini-feature, Men’s Soccer Q&A.
1. Who are some of your favorite musical artists?
Some of my favorite musical artists are Kenny Chesney, Chris Cagle, Jack Johnson and Lil Wayne.
2. Any favorite movies?
Some of my favorite movies are The Departed, Happy Gilmore and Gladiator.
3. Do you have any favorite television shows?
My favorite television shows are Entourage and Prison Break.
4. What professional soccer teams do you root for? Are there any professional soccer players who you admire?
I don’t follow professional soccer all that much, so I don’t have a favorite team, but one player that I admire is Steven Gerrard (England and Liverpool), because of his hard work and consistency game in and game out.
5. So how did it feel to have your number called into the starting lineup for the first time at a top college soccer venue like New Mexico last Friday night?
It felt pretty cool getting my name called out in front of all the fans. Playing in New Mexico is an awesome experience, and is something I will be looking forward to every year.
6. The results this past weekend had to have been disappointing. What do you guys need to do in order to put that behind you and turn things around for this critical homestand against Denver and Air Force?
We need to keep up the hard work we have put into every outing. The effort and determination is there. We just need to make sure we put the ball in the back of the net and we should be fine.
7. Do you have a most memorable moment throughout your playing career to this point, at the high school, club or college level?
My most memorable moment would probably be the North Coast Section (NCS) championship game my senior year (at California High School), because it was my last memory of youth soccer.
8. Can you recall a favorite place that you have visited? Any destination spot in particular that you would like to make it to some day?
My favorite place I have visited is Maui because of the weather, people and the beaches. I would love to visit Italy or Sweden some day.
9. We caught a small glimpse into your colorful necktie collection (rubber ducky one, as well as an M&M’s loaner to Bobby Jackson) on the team’s travel day last week. Do you have a favorite? Who is the most fashion-savvy player on the squad in your opinion, besides yourself of course?
My favorite would have to be the rubber ducky. Lewis Sweeney is probably the most fashion-savvy on the team.
10. If you could have dinner with any three people in history, who would they be and why?
I would want to have dinner with Angelina Jolie, because she is one of my favorite actresses. Next would be Joe Thornton, because he is my favorite player on the San Jose Sharks. Lastly, I would want to have dinner with (comedian/actor) Dane Cook, because it would be one of the most entertaining meals I would ever have.
2008 Men's Soccer Q&A Guests
September 9 - Bobby Jackson, Redshirt Freshman Midfielder
September 23 - Josh Boemecke, Sophomore Midfielder
October 8 - Brent Young, Redshirt Freshman Forward
October 16 - Dan Addiego, Redshirt Freshman Defender