Oct. 2, 2013
Click here for the video announcement by the Mountain West
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – San José State sophomore Cody Blick was named Mountain West Men’s Golfer of the Month for September. This is his first Mountain West Golfer of the Month honor.
Cody Blick, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Sophomore, Danville, Calif./San Ramon Valley HS
- Captured individual medalist honors in both tournaments played in the month of September.
- Is the first San José State golfer since Arron Oberholser in 1995-96 to win back-to-back tournaments.
- Has recorded par or better in all six rounds played this fall and opened the season with five straight rounds in the 60s.
- His 67.67 stroke average ranks No. 2 in the nation according to GolfStat.
- At the Itani Quality Homes Collegiate in Pullman, Wash., on Sept 9-10, Blick tied for first with a 7-under par 203 (67-68-68) on the par 70, 7,247-yard Palouse Ridge Golf Course.
- At the Wolverine Intercollegiate held at the University of Michigan Golf Course in Ann Arbor on Sept. 16-17, Blick earned individual medalist honors by three strokes after carding a 10-under 203 (68-64-71) on the par 71, 6,704-yard course.
- Currently ranks second in the country in stroke average (67.67), tied for fifth for the lowest round of the year (64 at Wolverine Intercollegiate) and fourth in score vs. par (-2.83).
- His 64 in round two of the Wolverine Intercollegiate is a career low, and the lowest round for a Spartan in records available since 1990.