ANNUAL FUND DRIVE
What is the Spartan Foundation Volunteer Fund Drive?
The Fund Drive is made up of volunteer fundraising teams comprising:
- Spartan Foundation Board of Directors
- San Jose State University Alumni
- Donors like you
The Fund Drive occurs in the Spring and is focused on renewing Spartan Foundation memberships and soliciting new donors to the program.
Objectives of the Fund Drive?
The Spartan Foundation's goal is to raise $2-million to help fund the San Jose State student-athlete experience. This includes but is not limited to, academic support, housing, meals and scholarship assistance. Each Fund Drive team strives to:
- Increase the number of Spartan Foundation donors
- Increase amount of gift dollars for the Annual Fund Drive
- Open doors for potential new donors, season ticket holders, and corporate partners
- Steward existing donors and engage them in an active referral process
- Have fun!
Ways to Get Involved
- Volunteer to be on a Fund Drive team
- Refer your friends to become Spartan Foundation donors
- Make or increase your personal donation
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our student-athletes? If so, join us on the "Team Behind the Teams." Become a member of the Spartan Foundation and a volunteer fund drive worker. Call our office at 408-924-1218.
Ways to Give:
When you make an outright gift to the Spartan Foundation, your contribution can be put to work immediately�either providing funding for current programs (Annual Fund, Your favorite team or a Facility Campaign) or creating a reliable source of future income by expanding the university's endowment for Athletics. An outright gift may be composed of almost any asset of value:
- Cash gifts are the simplest and easiest gifts you can make�can be made through credit/debit card transactions, outright cash, or personal checks, cashier�s checks, or money orders made payable to the Spartan Foundation. Give Online Now
- Gifts of appreciated securities, stocks and bonds also provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to SJSU before they are sold. If you have held your securities for more than one year, you may find that your gift will provide a twofold tax benefit, creating an income tax deduction as well as helping avoid the capital gains tax that would have been due on their sale. Click here to Make a Gift of Stock
Deferred or planned gifts include bequests, real estate, life-income agreements, charitable trusts and other options for your estate. Find out about increasing your income, earning valuable income-tax deductions and reducing your estate taxes. For more information visit the SJSU Planned Giving website.
Gift Matching Programs
An easy way to double or even triple your donation to SJSU is to find out if your company has a gift matching program. Such programs typically match all or a percentage of employee contributions to charitable organizations, making the employer a partner in employees' personal philanthropy. Search our database to find out if your company participates, or contact your company's Human Resources office to determine if your employer has a matching gift program.