San Jose State University's athletic training staff is responsible for the care of student-athletes once they arrive on campus, working to prevent injuries and enhance their physical well-being. If a student-athlete does get injured, the student-athlete is treated by an outstanding team of experienced certified athletic trainers and health care professionals.
The athletics health care team is coordinated by Scott Shaw. The staff includes six certified athletic trainers, at least one physician who attends every home game, orthopedic surgeons and a variety of other medical specialists.
Student-athletes receive attention and treatment at any one of the three convenient athletic training facilities on the San Jose State University campus.
NOTES TO STUDENT-ATHLETES
• San Jose State University student-athletes are required to complete a pre-participation physical examination prior to participating in any practice, game, and/or competition.
• All pre-participation physical examinations must be completed by a San Jose State University Team Physician.
• Student-athletes must print out and complete the physical examination packet prior to the physical examination.
• All student-athletes must submit a photocopy (front & back) of their health insurance card and their prescriptions benefit card (if applicable).
• Your coach will notify you as to the date and time of your physical examination.
New Student-Ahtlete Physical Packet - Form
Returning Student-Athlete Physical Packet - Form
Summer Conditioning Form - Form
Tryout Form - Form
Director of Sports Medicine