|San Jose State Defeats UOP, 6-1|
Stockton, Calif. --- The San Jose State University women's tennis team had five singles and three doubles wins in a 6-1 non-conference dual match victory against the University of the Pacific.
"We had a good performance today. Doubles did a nice job and
our singles were pretty good," said head coach Sylvain Malroux about the
Spartans' win to improve their record to 7-3.
In doubles play, San Jose State swept UOP for the first point in the match.
Leon Chao and Medlin teamed up to defeat the Tigers duo of Hana Ritterova and Iveta Masarova, 8-7. Truong and Bacelar won their set against Gergana Boncheva and Regina Suarez, 8-4, and the team of Boczova and Jessica Willett finished the doubles with an 8-1 win.
Truong defeated Susan Te of UOP, 7-5, 6-1, and for her 109th combined career singles and doubles victory.
"We had a nice week of practice and it showed today. We are excited to come home and play UC Davis," concluded Malroux.
San Jose State takes on UC Davis at the Spartan Tennis Complex, Saturday, March 3 at 1:00 p.m.
San Jose State University 6, University of the Pacific 1
February 24, 2013
1. Klaudia Boczova (SJSU) def. Hana Ritterova (PAC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Sabastiani Leon Chao (SJSU) def. Iveta Masarova (PAC) 6-4, 6-2
3. Chau Truong (SJSU) def. Susan Te (PAC) 7-5, 6-1
4. Erica Medlin (SJSU) def. Christiana Ferrari (PAC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Julianna Bacelar (SJSU) def. Gergana Boncheva (PAC) 6-1, 6-2
6. Regina Suarez (PAC) def. Jessica Willett (SJSU) 6-4,